I’m in a bit of denial that it’s only Wednesday.
Monday I had a 12+ hour day with visiting clients. Tuesday I was exhausted and insanely busy. Today has also been busy, but I’m starting to see the lull headed this way: summer.
- This weekend I’m having linen pants altered by a friend. We saw each other at a house warming this past weekend and she said, “come over for a fitting” and gave me one of her adorable smiles. She makes regency style period dresses among many other things and loves Jane Austen and all things British. Her naturally flaming red hair from her Irish descent is amazing and she’s a pro at up-dos.
- Remind Z to schedule my car for inspection. I suck at doing these things.
- I need to make sure I prep enough reports for clients this week and what little time I’ll have on Monday because Tuesday and Wednesday I’m at a conference in Chicago. (Ugh, another 24 hour trip.)
- I made an order with Knock Knock Linen, but cancelled it because they can’t do the design changes I wanted. So I figured I’d get one of the other shirts I liked in the color I’ve been wanting for over a year now. And of course as soon as I get the refund for the cancellation their shop closes for the summer. I really wanted to get the shirt order in before mid July. I hate waiting for stuff like this!
- Oh crap. I need to buy Z’s birthday stuff NOW.
- We are going to Florida in early July to visit my mom and see her new puppy. Florida in the summer isn’t ideal because it’s more muggy and hot than here, but having a pool helps.
- Leah’s article is a good read. It reminds me that it’s ok to add more color and pattern to my life. Granted, I’m rather plain vanilla already with my solid colors, but I have been craving orange and deep green.