It’s hot. I hate.
Friday: Ann Demeulemeester top, Pas de Calais pant, Lems shoes.
Monday: Yesstyle linen top, Won Hundred pant, Jil Sander shoes.
Tuesday: Rosen linen top, YY skirt, Dries Van Noten shoes.
I think I’m nearing the point at which I’m comfortable with the size of my wardrobe. I have a few other items I want to get but then I might consider a clothing ban. I didn’t say shopping ban, but a clothing one because I don’t think I need much more. Items I still want to get:
- Dress shirts for conferences/ client meetings – because this is going to be a thing I have to do now for my job and I need to be prepared.
- Still on the hunt for black oxfords.
- New pair of pumps for conferences/formal events…. maybe. I can make do with the wedges I have but wearing them all day isn’t ideal.
- Sweater to replace one I am donating. I know which one I want as well, it’s just a matter of when I buy it.
- YY shirt (used, available at Rakuten) that’s been on my wishlist for ages and I don’t know why I haven’t gotten it yet.
- Rosen Hakama pant – because I’ve been obsessing about those as well for a long time and I should just bite the bullet. They will be my token super wide leg pant.
Over this past weekend I looked through pages and pages of tops on TRR. I “liked” several of them and then when I went back to look at what I liked, I noticed a weird trend:
- I like baroque, but don’t want to wear it. I’m totally attracted to big, ruffly sleeves at the cuffs and/or shoulders, lots of buttons that would be a total pain in the ass to button/unbutton and lots of darting – everywhere – front, back, sleeves… ALL the darting to create a fitted silhouette. The likelihood of me buying stuff like that and wearing it is next to nil. Note: elastic ruffled cuffs are still fugly to me.
- I find Tory Burch boring as all hell. There’s a ton of her tops on TRR.
- Hobo/peasant style tops repulse me for some reason and this probably goes into why I don’t like Tory Burch clothes. There’s a plethora of that style made by her.
- I love all the wild color combinations of Diane Von Furstenberg and Missoni, but I would never wear them. Also, DVF has a thing for making wrap shirts that look really nice, but make me wonder how practical they are for wearing in the office.
- I do like V neck shirts, but can’t wear them that low in the office.
- I still gravitate to grey. I will always love grey.
- MY KINGDOM FOR A DEEP FOREST GREEN SHIRT. Why are they all that boring, muted olive/army green??!
- There are a LOT of silk shirts on TRR, but are any of them good quality? I am loathe to buy a silk shirt because I keep thinking of the Everlane one I had that was kinda crap to begin with due to being so thin.
- I do not like red or yellow. I am slightly attracted to red in a pattern, but as a whole, it doesn’t do anything for me. I’m also attracted to browns, but then feel weird when I wear them so I usually stay away from those as well.